- Current and Past Positions
- > Research Assiste at Solar Influences Data Analysis Center (Royal Observatory of Belgium) - 01/02/2011-present
- > Research Assistant at Centre for Plasma Astrophysics (Catholic University of Leuven) - 05/01/2008-14/01/2011
- Download my CV in pdf format
- Last 4 Published (refereed) Papers (ADS link)
- > Landi S. and Bettarini L."Three-Dimensional simulations of magnetic reconnection with or without velocity shears"
Space Science Review, published online first - 10/2011
- > Markidis S., Lapenta G., Bettarini L., Goldman M., Newman D., and Andersson L.
"Kinetic simulations of magnetic reconnection in presence of a background O+ population"
J. Geophysical Research, 116, CiteID A00K16
- > Innocenti M.E., Lapenta G.,Vrsnak B, Crespon F., Skandrani C., Temmer M., Veronig A., Bettarini L., S. Markidis, and Skender M.
"Improved forecasts of solar wind parameters using the Kalman filter"
Space Weather, 9, S10005
- > Lapenta G. and Bettarini L."Self-consistent seeding of the interchange instability in dipolarization fronts"
Geophysical Research Letters, 38, CiteID L11102
- Grants & Awards
- 2008: 1st Award in SOHO 20 Congress Poster Competition
"Tearing-triggered instabilities and reconnection mechanisms in the solar environment
Bettarini L, Landi S. and Velli M.
- 2005: Grant for the long-term program "Grand Challenge Problems in Computational Astrophysics"
Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics, UCLA, California
- 2004: Grant for school of "Parallel Computing", CINECA, Italy
- Interests (see my CV for a complete overview)
- My research area is focused on space and laboratory plasmas, solar/terrestrial magnetic field activity, and space weather phenomena. Moreover, I work also on computational techniques to be used within the MHD approach in several different conditions and regimes (high and low sonic/alfvènic Mach numbers) as well as Particle in cell (PIC) methods.